Dear
(Swimming Club Chairman)
It
is with much regret that I inform you of my resignation from
(Swimming Club), effective from the beginning of next month.
As
you probably know, over the last year or so I have had many problems
with an ankle injury. I have tried various solutions, with the last
being a steroid injection. I had hoped that this would sort out the
problem, at least for the time being- however, this was not the case.
My left ankle is still very painful, both when I train and during
races, which has caused a large amount of discomfort.
It
has also been very stressful, as I keep hoping that things will get
better, only for these hopes to be ruined. I also find it hard to
train at a reduced pace, as I want to sprint and cannot, which is
frustrating. It is for these reasons that I've chosen to resign, as
opposed to taking medical leave or reducing training. I can't keep
hoping that things will get better, when I don't know when, or even
if, this is going to happen.
I
hope to switch my membership to a different category, meaning that I
can continue to teach. This has become a hugely important and
rewarding part of my life, and wish to carry on as I have done so
far. I'm also hoping to help out wherever possible with galas, and
have an aim of completing teaching/coaching courses to further assist
the club.
Hopefully,
this will not be a permanent resignation. I still have a couple of
possible 'things' to try to help my ankle, and if any of these work I
will rejoin as soon as I can.
Thank
you so much to everyone who is a part of (Swimming Club). I've been a
part of the club for nearly ten years, and it has helped me
enormously- making this email an extremely hard one to write. I can
assure you this is by no means a goodbye from me; alongside the
involvement I've already mentioned, I'm sure I will turn up
occasionally just to see what's going on!
Thank
you again,
(Me)
| |||||||||||||||||