There are some things that happen, or that have happened, that are better off staying away from this blog: partly because I don't want them where anyone could stumble across them, partly because I have to remember that they could trigger/influence others and partly because, useful as this blog is, there are some things I would rather not have a record of.
So, I want to gloss over some things and just say that, for as long as I can make it last, I'm going to keep this blog really positive. I feel hesitant about using the word 'recovery', as it sounds so serious and I'm not sure that that is really what this is, but at the same time I feel it is a vaguely appropriate word to use. I want to 'recover' from everything that's holding me back and holding me down; I want to get to a day when I can feel happy and relaxed for a sustained period of time, a day when the scars on my arms are just a thing of the past.
Of course, I will also post a lot of the type of stuff I normally post, like random trivia and videos/songs and weird links and my views and rants and all that jazz! I just want to use this as a base for optimism and 'recovery', rather than negativity, as well!
I hope that this blog will be really instrumental in helping me with this, and- maybe, hopefully- help others to also feel better, in their own lives or in their own version of 'recovery', whatever that may be linked to or from. I warn you now, that this is not going to be easy- I will still get stressed, and I am likely to still use blogging as an outlet for that. However, I can promise you that I will try. I want to be the best me I can be again.
Finally, introducing a new blog tag- smile- which I'll tag anything 'recovery'/happy related in the future, and might try and tag some old posts, just so that if you're here and you need cheering up, you can access stuff that might help you do that :)
Here's to thoughts of a brighter future x