Saturday, 31 August 2013

My Week In Large Bodies Of Water

Nope, you didn't read that title wrong. I have been to two large bodies of water this week- normally, I wouldn't even see one in an average week, so this is pretty unusual!

Cheddar
On Monday/Tuesday I went to Cheddar with my ex-Silver DofE group.We started off by going to Cheddar Gorge itself- we wanted to walk over Cheddar Gorge; however, we didn't want to pay £3.50 as we knew that we could do it for free if we found the public bridleway we used in DofE. About an hour and a half of walking later, we had walked round to the route we needed! We then had lunch at the top (the most amazing pasties, made by the mum of one of our group members) before walking down into the touristy part of Cheddar. There, we visited the cheese making factory, where we got to taste some cheese! We then sat down by the cycle track for a while, and played card games, which was really fun. Once we were able to check in to the youth hostel we stayed in, we went there, relaxed a bit and made dinner- fajitas! After dinner, we went to Cheddar Reservoir, where we watched the sunset; it was soo beautiful! Lastly, we ended the day with more card games back at the hostel.
On Tuesday we got up quite early and had breakfast, then packed up etc. We walked back up a side road we'd found- another route to the top of Jacob's Ladder without paying! We walked down Jacob's Ladder and went to the sweet shop, which was great :) We had lunch at Cheddar Reservoir and played even more card games before catching the buses required back home (during which we played the '5 Things' game that passed the time so well in Gambia!). A very lovely two days, spent in the company of fantastic people! :D
We Found Another Gromit!
 Black Rock Nature Reserve- Previously Part Of Our Silver DofE Expedition
 View of Cheddar Reservoir
Water Thing Next To A Park Thing (?!)
 The Beautiful Sunset
More Sunset
 One Of My Favourite Ever Pictures, I Don't Know Why, I Just Love It!
Awww <3
 Hoody Time!

Henleaze Lake
This morning I went to Henleaze Lake with my swimming club for a 'taster session' of open water swimming. We all got in for around 10 minutes, and just swam around a bit, which I enjoyed- it was really cold, but once I was in and moving around it warmed up, and it was just refreshing and kind of fun. However, we then got out and did some relays, which I didn't like. There was next to no visibility in the water, and I didn't want to dive into that plus cold water. Also, the temperature caused my ankle to 'freeze' and become more painful. So I got changed quite quickly, and just enjoyed sitting out on the side- it was lovely weather!- chatting to various team-mates and their families, which was also very lovely!
A few pictures of Henleaze Lake that I stole off of someone (I did take some, honest! Just my phone's having... issues)