Monday, 7 April 2014

Graffiti Time!

Today I went to a graffiti workshop, run by a group I've recently been getting involved with. The workshop was really fun- first, we played around with using spray paint freehand, which was fun, though difficult. It's so hard to get the lines the right thickness, and where you want them, and not let it run, and make it actually look okay!! I preferred the activity after, where we used pre-made stencils and just sprayed over them. That was quite easy, and looked really effective- here are the two I did :)
Gas Mask Thing
BEAR!
Next, we used the stencils to create pictures on old vinyl records. The 'twist' here was that we didn't have to use the whole stencils- we used sections of them to create interesting layered pieces. Mine used various pieces of stencils for the orange background, then a rose shape for the centerpiece.
Completed In Record Time... Hehehe...
Finally, we went back inside and began creating our own stencils. Unfortunately, I'm unable to go to the next session, so I won't be able to finish :( However, it was a really fun experience, messy hands and all!!
All The Paint!