2- This song is what started my love for The Goo Goo Dolls! There are plenty of artists where I only really know one song by them, but for some reason Iris caught my attention and made me look up other songs. Now, I'd definitely put this band in my favourite musicians! Though I don't think this song is their absolute best I would always put it up there, and it resurfaces as a song on repeat from time to time.
3- Isn't this band just the bestest!? I found their single (Say Something) when it started getting popular, and decided instantly that I needed to get the album. I think the whole thing is pretty extraordinary, but for someone with a love for ragtime this caught my attention pretty quickly. The instrumental section is so good I can't even words!
4- We were introduced to this song during our AS Music area of study work, and I wish I had heard it sooner! I would say it's incredible, but being a piece by Queen I guess that's pretty obvious! I talked about this in the essay I wrote in my exam, and I was really happy that a question came up where I could use it. Fab song.
5- Last on today's list is another one we listened to during our AS Music course. There's something about the chorus that's really catchy- it's really made me want to listen to more of The Stone Roses :)