Tuesday, 12 August 2014

Changes

You may have noticed a couple of changes on this blog...Thought I'd go through them, with my reasons behind it all.

Firstly, I've changed my blogger name. Duck was great, but it was a bit clunky, most people weren't aware of the story behind it and it related to competitive swimming, which is a thing of the past. I'm trying to raise my profile as a blogger, and I don't want to do that under the name of 'Duck'- it sounds boring. Gone for 'NotRebecca' instead, which is similar to my Twitter name. That keeps everything along the same lines, so I'm more easily recognisable as a social media presence, and I think it sums me up better (my full name is Rebecca; I hate it and refuse to answer to it- I am NOT Rebecca!).
The blurb section has also been rewritten. This was just a bit of spring cleaning really- it's the first thing people read after the title, so it's pretty important. When I wrote it for the first time I didn't feel like I'd got it spot on, and I'm still not completely happy with it; all trial and error!
Lastly, and possibly most importantly, I've changed the title from 'I Like Your Scarf' to 'Adventures With Technicolour Hair'. This is for several reasons. Firstly, 'I Like Your Scarf' was chosen because it used to be an in-joke among my friendship group. However, it's not really used as much now, and 99% of the readers aren't even aware of the joke, so it's lost the significance it used to have. The old title also has a negative connotation or two, and I didn't want to constantly be reminded of that. I wanted something more relevant and catchier- this links back to trying to raise my profile as a blogger. As an avid hair-dye-er who sees life as an adventure, I feel that the new title couldn't be more perfect!