Sunday, 17 August 2014

NCS: Wild Goose

We're now approaching the end of week three of the NCS scheme, and things are getting pretty exciting! On Monday, Wednesday and Thursday of this week we volunteered at Wild Goose Cafe, which is the project we've been partnered up with. As a basic overview, it's a place where homeless people can go to eat (breakfast, lunch and dinner), as well as being a place for them to chat and relax in a safe, indoor environment. The volunteering has been really hectic as there's so so much to do- however, it's been really worthwhile. My favourite part has been serving the food, and getting to talk to the recipients. I honestly wouldn't mind doing something similar to this as a job- I've met so many amazing and lovely people, and I feel like we're making a difference. Working with the Wild Goose has made me so happy!!