(Also I finally have a working mirror!)
I spent part of Thursday tidying my room, which had accumulated lots of mess due to me being busy. I also changed all my bedlinen, and made my bed all nice!I went to town in the afternoon, which was nice- got some really lovely clothes! When we got back I finished making my bed, then ran a bath. I found a mix of bubble bath stuff, which made it smell really nice, plus bubbles are the bestest!
I also grabbed a mug of tea. I had a sudden craving for lapsang souchong; however, I couldn't find any. Instead I went for a lavender and cammomile blend- it's really good for relaxation, and it smells lovely too, so a winner all round!
Whilst in town, I bought a hair mask thing (at great expense of £1!). Due to the various dyes I've used, my hair isn't in the best of conditions (though it's not awful, either), so recently I've been improvising with home-made deep conditioners. These have been helping, and most of the time my hair seems to be doing pretty well. However, I wanted to see what would happen if I used a 'proper' deep conditioner. I got one with argon oil, mainly 'cause I've heard of it before! My general 'hair routine' is to use shampoo twice (or my hair gets greasy super-quickly) then conditioner; the hair mask stuff entered the routine in-between the second shampoo and the conditioner. Recently I've been using a Herbal Essences shampoo/conditioner- 'Bee Strong'- which is intended for damaged hair. It's been making my hair really soft, so that's cool!Of course, a relaxing bath wouldn't be the same without a face mask, too. I had one floating around that I got in my stocking at Christmas, a passionfruit one. As shown in the pictures below, it made my face really shiny and looked fairly weird/disgusting once I peeled it off...
I also painted my nails. For me, this is important for two reasons. Firstly, having painted nails helps me to stop biting at them, meaning I can grow them. Secondly, because at the moment I actually have nails (not long, but still there!) and that makes me happy!!
Finally in terms of relaxing- whilst I was getting ready for bed I lit a lavender incense stick and a daisy candle. My room smelt lush :) I also sprayed the area around my bed with a spray that's meant to help sleep. I'm not convinced it does, but it smells nice anyway, so oh well!!
It was really nice to take some time out for myself, and I went to bed feeling very relaxed and a lot more like a human (compared to a sixth form revision-bot). For a final pic, have this one of my wild hair!