Monday, 18 August 2014

Friday 8th August 2014

Got up quite early so we had enough time to get sorted and pack. After we got everything packed up we went round taking pictures of the room, because it was cool and why not!
Red shoes in closet
Efteling mirror selfie
 
The Efteling 'e'!
 
Mouse in hole!
Another Efteling 'e'
Bed (feat. cousin)
Mirror (and hidden TV)
Dancing decoration
Castle yay
Didn't notice the hidden wallpaper characters till late on the first day...
At breakfast I made the most of the pancake availability; my cousin told me off for having too many pancakes, so we all told her off for having too much chocolate milk. Will definitely miss the unlimited pancakes!!
We checked out and got the car loaded up, then went back into the park- it was still quite early, so it was quiet. We went on the pirate ride yet again; I closed my eyes again, and it was a different experience. Then we went on Vogel Rok, where I also closed my eyes- felt just like flying!! There was absolutely no queue, so my cousins and I made the most of it and went on again. In the picture, we all pulled faces, which looked cool- the only fast ride picture from the holiday where I wasn't grinning ecstatically!!
As we still had time left and there was no queue, we went back on our favourite carnival festival ride, mainly to say farewell (or au revoir?!) to the prostitute. Then we went into the maze that MM and I went in on the first day. We all made it across the splashy bridge without getting splashed- success.
Sadly, after that, it was very much time to get in the car and leave :( 
Farewell my dear :(
 
There was loads and loads of traffic around Antwerp- so the three and a half hour journey was actually five and a half hours. Fun.
We stopped at Cité d'Europe, where I got a really nice dress cheap in H&M, as well as stocking up on apple purée- my fav!! We had lunch there too- cheese ad ham toastie followed by more chocolate spread pancake. Not even thinking about the amount of crap I've eaten this holiday!!
We left the shopping centre with plenty of time to spare, and drove to the tunnel crossing. There, however, we ended up in a huge queue, and it was past the time our train was meant to leave. After a bit of panicking, we realised that everyone in the queue was on the same train as us, so it wasn't like we'd missed it or anything! We got on eventually, and the train ride was uneventful- we played I Spy with things we'd seen on the holiday.
On the other side, we stopped briefly to use the toilets at a service station, and to get petrol. Then we journeyed on- I made the most of being back in the UK and having internet on my phone. Stopped again at services nearer home, but mostly just drove. Got home a little after midnight. What an amazing holiday!!!