Forgot my slightly bigger piece of news... I played in an eisteddfod yesterday; a big thing for me, as I have a huge huge phobia of playing piano in public- due to folk/BTEC I'll play jazzed up chords in an ensemble, but little more. Both my teacher and I were surprised that I agreed to enter in the first place! It was a gut instinct, based on knowing that I need to increase my confidence.
It went alright; I could find a million and one things that went wrong, but my teacher and the adjudicator said it was fine. The adjudicator also commented that I'd played the 'middle section' well- that being one of the parts I'd found hardest! Practice really does pay off :)
I got both a medal and a trophy- the medal was for coming first in a group of one (I hate it when that happens, it just feels kind of pointless!), whilst the trophy was for getting the highest mark in two groups (three of us in it).
I'm glad I played, as terrifying as it was. I need to try playing in public more!!
Now I've got my Grade 5 practical to look forward to in December :/ However, I was also 'rewarded' with a new songbook (Amy Macdonald, of course! Though was sorely tempted by many others). Have been enjoying picking at parts of that, just need to actually choose and learn a song!!