Monday, 29 October 2012

The Amazingness Of Amy

OHMYGOD the concert was soo soo good!!!
The warm-up was an American singer called Christina Train; she was fairly good, though she sang 'with her hands', which annoyed me.
Amy started her set at 9:00 with 4th of July (latest single from her new album). The moment she came onstage was truly amazing; it made all the waiting worth it a million times over.
She did a really good blend of songs, including two of my all-time favourites in the history of music ever! ;)
The rest of the band were really good; the bassist was a bit showy but mainly just funny. All the performers got on so obviously well, it reflected and made the whole thing even better.
Everyone was also encouraged to get up and dance, clap, sing etc.- so, yes, I did! Most people I know have no clue who Amy is, it was great to be in a whole theatre full of people who really really did!!
We were lucky to be in the third row from the front, meaning we got some okay-ish pictures; plus, near the end, it was a free-for-all to go to the front and dance/take pictures. Which was great :D I can officially say I've stood mere meters from Amy Macdonald. That pretty much makes my whole year!
I've realised that this post sounds strangely minamalistic for me- normally I'm very over-enthusiastic and 'gushy'. It was just so wow, it's kind of hard to put it into words.
Amy Macdonald and her music have kept me going so much over the last year; really can't describe how much it's helped me, or just how momentous last night was, especially as it seemed- several times- as if I wasn't going to get there. Whether or not I managed to stay dry-eyed for the whole evening is something I'll leave you to guess!!
So, thank you thank you thank you a million times over to Amy Macdonald, just for being so amazing and such a huge inspiration.
(Thanks also to my mum for taking me and putting up with the countdown etc.!)






Can't believe it all happened!