Soo, having been inspired by Gambia, and the amount my friends and I raised through our car washing, I wanted to do something more to raise money for something that's close to my heart. I wanted something big; something that would maybe scare me a little; something worthwhile.
Consequently, at the end of the summer, I'm shaving my hair off for charity. I've had the idea for a while, but I've just officially signed up. Wow. This is... I don't know. Terrifying. I'm shaking a lot, just from realising that this is actually going to happen. I'm excited though; I know I need to do it. I think I'm trying to prove something to myself. I'm not sure what, but something.
All the money I raise will go to Mind, which is a mental health charity that provides help, information and courses for those affected by mental health issues or those who want to work in related careers. It's something very close to my heart; mental illness has affected my life in a range of ways, both in seeing those I love go through illness, and with my own experiences with self-harm. There seemed to be little question that it was the right charity.
Deep breath. Wow. This is happening.