Friday, 13 December 2013

Christmas In A Musical Way ^.^

I have a day off school today (woo inset days!!) and am feeling very Christmassy... So what better than to do a Christmas music themed post?! Anyone who's been with this blog for a year or more might remember my last year's choices. I warn you now, though I'll include some new songs that I've found recently, there will be some similarities. But ah well- it's Christmas!!

Christmas Lights- Coldplay
This remains one of my absolute favourite Christmas songs in the history of ever. It's beautiful!

Fairytale of New York- Amy Macdonald Cover
Aww BTEC Music covered this :') And Amy Macdonald is fab! Plus I love the bridge :)

Silent Night
This is definitely a Christmas classic; I can't even remember being taught this, I've just always known it!

Mele Kalikimaka- KT Tunstall Cover
Not sure who did this originally, but KT Tunstall's version is fabulous.

Calypso Carol
When The Thames Froze- Smith & Burrows
Came across this song last year, and it's now 'up there' with Christmas Lights!! It's so lovely :3

Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas
 I really love this Christmas song- and am thrilled that I now have sheet music for it!

Little Donkey- Traditional
I found an okay-ish version of this; it's one that we sang every year in primary school, so as far as I'm concerned it should only be sung by a chorus of children's voices! It's always harder to find good versions of traditional songs anyway- partly because they've been covered so many times, and partly because the one you're used to (see above for my case!) will always be the best ;)

Merry Christmas Everybody- Slade

Shake Up Christmas- Train
I think it's impossible to listen to this song and not smile/dance along. It's so happy, plus it has an awesome message!

Better Days
This is such a beautiful song, I love it to pieces!

Mary's Boy Child/Oh My Lord- Boney M
This is another very upbeat, cheery song- also one that I was introduced to when I was tiny :)