The pool water was cloudy once, full of chlorine and grime and skin and worse. The temperature was never right, always too hot, too cold, inconsistent with the blood beneath our skin. Not now. Now the water is pure, golden, a lagoon. Beautiful, it is, tempting. I want to dip my feet, just dip my feet- but that would not be enough, for once my feet were in I would want to go deeper, want to go to knees, to thighs, to waist, to breast. Before I could pull back, I would be submerged, raring to go. I cannot go, anymore. My ankle is tied with a lead weight called misfortune, buried within the tendon and bone that have caused me misfortune.
Temptation
A piece of creative writing from a few months ago (27th February, to be exact). A bit rough and ready (as in, I can see things I want to edit but I can't be bothered to edit)- ah well. Enjoy :)