Saturday 5 September 2015

13to14: First Day!

Soooo Thursday was my first official day as a Year 14... I was super super nervous and didn't really expect it to go well, so made sure I had nice plans for the evening to look forwards to. However- it was actually really good!! We only had afternoon lessons, which I think helped- Thursday is my only full day of timetabled lessons, hence I was apprehensive as it meant starting rather in the deep end. Having no morning lesson was weird, and I initially was against it (just wanted to get on with it all!), but I think it was for the best. That meant I only had Sociology in the afternoon, which was a perfect way to start, really. Sociology was fine- I'm really excited about the course content and, as with last year, the lessons are always amusing. I feel 110% comfortable and happy with the class, so all is good there :) After the lesson I was able to catch up with more people, and to get my timetable sorted in terms of volunteering etc.! This year I'm helping out in several classes, as well as in the school's Thrive/inclusion centre. So pleased with all of that :)
The only slight hitch today was in beginning the process of having people ask me why I'm still here, am I retaking etc etc., which I've been dreading. But it was only one person, so I guess it could have been worse!
Lastly, my day ended in a super lovely way with drinks with the Wombies. I think that's my top tip, from today: when approaching a potentially difficult situation, set yourself a reward for afterwards! :)
Over n out! X