Sunday 6 September 2015

13to14: Classroom Assisting

As I'm only doing two formal subjects, I've had to make up the rest of my timetable with an EPQ (Extended Project Qualification- essentially a research project mini dissertation-esque thing that counts as a qualification), and helping out around the school. I've chosen to spend an afternoon (as well as odd bits and bobs) each week in the school's inclusion centre, and to provide help to the Humanities department in a number of different lessons. This began on Friday, as I helped out in a GCSE Sociology class. I've helped out in lessons before, so knew roughly what to expect (and what would be expected of me!)- I enjoyed it, and- hopefully!- having me there is useful :) I think the helping out is something I'm really going to appreciate and draw upon this year, as it gives me something a bit more 'grown up' (I'm sure there's a better word, but I can't think of it!) to do as opposed to feeling like a child still in sixth form.
Anyway, I've now completed the first week in Year 14, albeit not a full one! Looking forwards to seeing what the next week brings! :)