Sunday 6 September 2015

Drinks with the Wombies

On Thursday night, as something to look forwards to after my first official day of Year 14, we went out as the Wombies for dinner and drinks. We started off at the Playground Cafe, which is somewhere we've been meaning to go for ages- I've been there before, and have told the other two plenty about it, but whenever we've attempted to go it's been closed! However, Thursday was our lucky day and we finally got there! We all had rose lemonade, which was super pretty (picture above), and also tasted super pretty! A tad expensive, but very nice as a one off. As we were the only people in there, and we were very low maintenance customers, the guy working let us stay past closing time, whilst he cleaned etc.- which meant we got lots of time to chat, catch up on each others lives, swing on the swings and play games! (Since I last went, they've invested in a set of CAH. Not that I'm saying we played that.)
After we finally got kicked out of the Playground Cafe, we headed off in search of food. After looking at several places in Stokes Croft, we went to Ray's Pizza, which is connected to Crofter's (we bought pizza from Ray's, but sat in Crofter's- they're separate but kind of the same- I don't know?!). Another really lovely place (both Ray's and Crofter's!), and somewhere I definitely want to go back to. The pizza was very reasonably priced, and tasted great- plus it appeared to be cooked to order, which is always good! And the others were impressed that they had specific vegetarian/vegan pizzas. Also, I really liked the atmosphere in Crofter's, it was really chilled and lovely (with great music!).
Lastly, we headed to Under the Stars- a bar on a boat that I've been wanting to go to (and pestering the Wombies to go to!) for ages. It's located in the Harbour by the fountains, so pretty much my favourite part of Bristol as it is, and it looks so lovely. I am very pleased to say that it didn't disappoint! Pricewise I'm not sure, as I (obviously) didn't have alcohol- the drink I had was kind of expensive, but it was one that I knew would be like that anyway. There's seating both inside and out on the deck- there was an open mic night going on inside, which we would have liked to have heard more of, but as it was very crowded we went outside. Plus, that way we got the beautiful beautiful Bristol Harbour at night!! Overall, a really lovely night out, and a perfect way to spend my Thursday evening!