Monday 7 September 2015

The Nice Things List

Recently, I've been feeling very trapped- watching everyone prepare for and go off to university has been difficult, as I would love to be doing that, but instead have another year in the same place. I'm absolutely determined to make the most of it, however, and am doing that in a number of ways. But, aside from making the most of it, I thought I would create a list- entitled, rather unimaginatively but very fittingly, 'The Nice List'. It's a list of nice things (or new things, or fun things) to do- one for each week of the year. I'm going to make sure to do one every week, so that I remember to take time to do interesting things, and as an act of self-love. The things on the list are varied (and some crossover with my list of 25 Things), and I think I've got a real mix of things to look forwards to- which is exactly what I wanted, so already this list is working! I've decided that some weeks I'll start the week with an intention of doing one of the things; some weeks, maybe an opportunity will present itself to me; and other weeks, I'm going to put all of the remaining things into a hat and draw one out at random! Here's to a year full of Nice Things! (Also; whilst I've already done a couple of the things on this list, I've decided that anything from before starting back at sixth form doesn't count. Which is just an excuse to do them again, really!).


1) Make a gratitude jar
2) Learn a new skill
3) Go to a nice restaurant
4) Hand out compliment cards
5) Contact someone I haven't spoken to in a while
6) Bake cookies/cakes & take them into school
7) Go roller skating
8) Go to (and take part in!) an open mic night
9) Do karaoke
10) Visit somewhere I've never been before
11) Go skinny dipping
12) Treat a friend
13) Go away (at least overnight)
14) Buy a new dress (probably from Apricot)
15) Create an accomplishments book
16) Get a new piercing
17) Hug a stranger
18) Hand out lemons wearing a top saying life
19) Buy a stranger a drink
20) Go out for cocktails
21) Make someone's day
22) Put together a care package for someone
23) Go to Clifton Rockslide
24) Finish watching OITNB
25) Have a bath with a Lush bath bomb
26) Find somewhere to see the stars (properly)
27) Do a week of (my style) really healthy eating
28) Do a clear out of clothes
29) Buy nice lingerie
30) Sort out the Den
31) Base a week's clothing on the rainbow
32) Spend an afternoon in a bookshop
33) Thank the people who mean a lot to me
34) Read a new, random book
35) Give someone a copy of my favourite book
36) Spread the love!
37) Organise a nice event
38) Fold 100 origami cranes (in rainbow colours!)
39) Write an important blog post
40) Write a poem
41) Complete three pages of writing every day for a week
42) Host a story telling night
43) Fancy dress with friends
44) Have a pamper evening
45) Show someone one of my favourite places
46) Carpe diem
47) Play a whole game of Monopoly with my sister
48) Create a comprehensive happiness list
49) Make something creative & beautiful
50) Find a way to meet new people
51) Make sure to smile at everyone I see
52) Do something nice for someone without being asked