Thursday, 19 September 2013

Wednesday, 10th July, 2013

Got up around 9ish. The plan was Delft and the beach, but the weather wasn't so nice so we decided to start with Delft and go from there.
First went to the Delft pottery 'factory', where every piece is handmade. It's very nice- but also very expensive. R was in a grump as she had a cold.
Delft Factory
 Houses Opposite Delft Factory
Drove into Delft itself. Found a clothes shop called 'Bristol!' where R got a swimming costume. Also saw a really cute dog. Then went to explore.
Bristol!
Delft was beautiful! Lots of canals and almost everyone rides bike. Just beautiful and I'm completely in love with it.
Bridges!
 I Want To Ride A Pink Motorbike!
Had lunch in a cafe with a very nice waitress. R still in bad mood; she pretended to be asleep, so Dad carried her, resulting in knocking over and breaking a glass. Typical!
Saw cafes on boats and also houses right by the canals, with front doors accessed from boats. R and I had waffles- cold ones, which was weird.
Waterfront Doors
Walked to the centre square- again, beautiful. I want to live in Delft one day!!
Buildings By The Centre Square

Went to a couple of shops. I got a postcard and a couple of presents for people.
My Typically Dutch Picture!
Looked around a little more then decided to go back to campsite. Dad and R went to the park. Mum and I chilled for a bit, then also went. Went on wavy slides, but rest of park was closed so went back.
Noodles for tea and bed soon after- absolutely exhausted!