Thursday, 30 January 2014

Feminism For Kids

For my second English Language coursework piece, I've decided to do something a bit risky- I needed to do an informative piece (as my other is entertainment), so thought I'd go for a newspaper article or something. Hardly the most scintillating thing in the world, and I wasn't excited about it like I was for my last piece. Therefore, I was pretty pumped when I came up with my final idea: a book for kids about feminism, sort of like a Horrible Histories. It probably sounds a bit weird and niche, but I really really like the idea, and I'm enjoying putting it into practice! It's involved making sure I really understand what I'm talking about, then putting it into a way that young children can understand- definitely a challenge, but a great one! I've also done research into how feminism can be portrayed for kids in other forms (eg, fiction), which has all been very interesting- definitely something for a blog post on sometime!!