Last Monday (7th), IG, BB and I went to the O2 to see Laura Mvula! On our way we bumped into two of BB's friends, who were really lovely, and it was nice to meet them.
We got there an hour early, which was good- it meant we were near the front of the queue, and when we went in we got spaces in the front row! We were less than 3m from the stage, which was really cool. It was quite busy, and I had a couple of small panic attacks, but I was fine aside from that :)
The first support act was Peter and Kerry, who were good- I really liked their song Cirque, and they did a good cover of an old RnB song :) Also, shout out to the drummer who played tuplets- BB enjoyed those greatly ;)
Second support act was Beth Rowley, who I fell completely in love with practically instantly. Honestly, she was so cute, and she had dimples, and she sang to the stage hands to get them to turn the reverb up :3 It was adorable.
Finally, Laura Mvula- who was so amazing it was breathtaking!! She played organ, then there was also harp, drums, double bass and cello- proper instruments!! Plus all the musicians sang harmonies etc. as well, which is always nice.
I think my favourite songs from her set were She, Sing To The Moon (which I've had stuck in my head all week!!) and Green Garden- she got everyone clapping along for that! Best part however was when she sang Is There Anybody Out There, with a cover of One Love (Bob Marley), which the whole audience sang along to- such a perfect moment!! Also also also the cellist smiled at me and I practically melted.
At the end we managed to meet Beth Rowley, and I bought her album and got it signed and I got a picture with her and awww it was so good.
Needless to say, everyone and anyone I speak to has seen the picture, and heard all about the evening in general!!! Really don't feel like I've done it justice here, so I'll finish by clarifying that it was such a damn fabulous night <3 <3