Thursday, 19 December 2013

Musical Related Events!!!

Yo guys!! I've been really busy for the last few days- hence no posts- but I am back now :) On Tuesday I took part in the school Winter Music Concert, where our AS Level group performed 'Blight And Blossom' (originally by Blair Dunlop). We felt it went really well, and it was really fun! I was also part of the folk band (obviously!), Gospel Choir and the grand finale, which involved everyone coming together to sing some Christmas carols. The whole evening was truly fantastic, and all the performances were wonderful!! Aww I love the concerts :)
Yesterday was a very very Christmassy day- at break we had... something that deserves it's own blog post!! Then lunch comprised of lots of junk food- our 'group' decided that, instead of presents, we would all bring in an item of food to share, most of this being very sugary and sweet. We started off by taking a whole table in the canteen; however, we then got moved to the sixth form building, where we settled ourselves on the ground floor and enjoyed singing/dancing/lying down on the floor doing the YMCA. It was really fun, and so lovely to share a meal together :)
Normally on Wednesday afternoons, we have an assembly; yesterday, however, we had a party instead! Lots and lots of games of Christmas-related Pictionary. There were also mince pies, but by then we were waaay too sick of sugar etc.- instead we had fun 'encouraging' people to eat weird-tasting jelly beans. Funnily enough, when we later tried to force leftover lunch stuff on people, they were very dubious!
Anyway, I am now going to write my aforementioned super-cool post! :D