BringBackOurGirls
Eight
more Nigerian girls have been abducted, bringing the total number to
somewhere around 250. That's around 250 girls who have been taken away
from their families, who are going through hell, who do not know if they
have a tomorrow. There are thousands more girls who are terrified,
because for all they know it will be them next. If one child goes
missing in the UK (or the USA), it becomes the topic
of discussion anywhere and everywhere- you cannot move for hearing
about it. So far, very few people I know have mentioned these girls.
Their latest news story is not even on the top ten of the BBC's most
popular stories. Why is it so different? They are still human, they are
still our neighbours, they deserve our love, our thoughts, our hopes. As
humans we talk about the things that are important, the things we think
should not be forgotten about. If, as the case may be, we can do
nothing more for them, they deserve our conversations, a world of people
refusing to forget, a world of people giving them importance. My
sisters, I can only hope that you are found soon, that somehow you are
saved from this torment. Until then I will think of you, hope for you,
with every thing that I do- it might make no difference, but at least I
will not be forgetting you, at least I will not be turning a blind eye
to the inhumanity you are facing. I will talk and talk until there are
no more words. I will make sure that everyone possible hears about you,
that everyone who comes into contact with my little world is aware. My
sisters, I will love you, and love you, and love you. If I can do
nothing else, I can do that.