Friday, 2 May 2014

Friday Night Fever

Friday night, bank holiday weekend, end of a busy week- and how have I spent it? *drum roll* Tidying! I obviously live a wild and enthralling life. Or something like that.
The good news is, my room is now lovely and tidy (minus the tangle of wires in the middle of the room that I'm currently glaring at), and that should make revision a little easier tomorrow. Yes, May bank holiday weekend is being spent doing lots and lots of 'lovely' revision. Sigh. I cannot wait till exams are over. I keep thinking of this weekend last year, when I went to see Chess, visited the Houses of Parliament and went to Portishead! I'm getting pretty nostalgic actually, those were a good few days by any measure.
Anyway. I wanted to do a kind of getting up to date post, because loads has happened and I keep forgetting to document it (again, revision- here's to the summer!). This is going to be a bit scribble-scrabble, so apologies in advance :)
Next week is our last ever proper week of AS levels; after that, exam season starts, then we return for A2. It feels like this time period has gone both exceptionally quickly and very very slowly- though in some ways it feels like just yesterday that we were registering for our courses, when I think about individual events it seems as if years have passed. Though I'm getting really stressed out over exams now, I think it's been a good year. A couple of people have said that sixth form suits me, and I'd definitely agree. I've been my own person this year in a way that's been unlike before. I'm enjoying that.
Spent a lot of time in Music recently, partly because I've had loads of Music stuff to do and partly just because it's a nice base- we're all one big happy (dysfunctional!!) family :) Also, last Friday I got my composition finished, which was the best feeling!! The next few weeks look to be similar in the amount of time spent in Music, and I'm pretty happy about this :)
Other things that have happened... I went to watch Noah last week, which I actually really enjoyed, though I know other people have disliked it. It was a good film, even if I spent most of it thinking about the logistics of one family recreating the world (eg- INCEST).
That's pretty much it, really. My life at the moment. Revision and Music times! Yay?!