Thursday, 6 March 2014

Productivity

After my half term freak out, I realised that the technique I used to 'harness my productivity' was too good not to use all the time, especially with coursework deadlines and exams looming closer than I like to think. The original involved just writing headings for each day, and putting what I needed to do beneath them; my current version is a bit more complicated. It involves colour coding. It's fab.
This Week
Basically, the day/date goes in black pen; 'things that are happening' (such as swim teaching) go in blue; deadlines or homework etc. are in red, and things I need to do each day are in green! Then, when things are done, they get highlighted.
But wait! It doesn't stop there! After each week, I've decided that I'm going to 'evaluate' my week with three good things and three accomplishments, then three goals and three things to look forward to within the coming week. They can be big or small, but there has to be three!
So far, it is great- I can see exactly what I need to do each day, I feel a lot less stressed and I'm not constantly trying to get things done all at once because I've already predesignated them times- before I'd constantly feel like I needed to be doing something. I keep it all in a notebook so it's transportable, and I can easily get it out at school to add homework and all that jazz. Yay!